Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mary Ellen Mark-documentary photographer


I was first introduced to the work of Mary Ellen Mark about four years ago. My mother gave me her book "American Odyssey Aperture." I recall my mother saying, "I think you will really like her work, it kind of reminds me of yours." As expected, I instantly fell in love with the genuineness of her images.

One of my strongest abilities I have in photography is in the power of connecting and capturing my subjects' emotions. I enjoy telling stories with my work. When I first started to learn photography in high school I was extremely fortunate to have encouraging friends that were always willing to be the subjects of my visions.

Mary Ellen Mark has been recognized on a global level as one of the best documentary photographers. Her work is absolutely amazing. It is her ability to capture the raw emotions of her subjects and the underline story behind the images that sets her apart. Her work is inspiring. If there is anyone that I would model my career after, it would be her.

www.maryellenmark.com

No comments:

Post a Comment